Many older adults prefer to age in place in their own homes and communities. Missoula Aging Services (MAS) can connect you to housing options and other services that support independent living.
Housing options in Missoula County
MAS maintains a list of available housing options, including:
- Emergency housing
- Low cost and subsidized housing
- Retirement communities
- Organizations that can help you find housing, or help you stay in your current home
Some independent living residences and communities provide meals, housekeeping services, and social activities.
Resources to support living independently
MAS offers a number of programs in support of independent living. These include:
- Nutrition programs such as home-delivered Meals on Wheels,
- In-Home Support Services for help around the house
- Help with finances such as paying bills and utilities.
- Volunteer Senior Companions can assist with daily living tasks and provide companionship to help reduce social isolation and feelings of loneliness.
Personal Emergency and Alert Systems
MAS can also help individuals who may need to communicate medical needs to first responders in an emergency. These range from medical alert bracelets to devices that can immediately connect to 911.