Dementia Friendly Missoula
Join the coalition to make Missoula a welcoming and supportive community for people living with dementia and their caregivers!
Dementia Friendly Missoula is a volunteer coalition affiliated with Missoula Aging Services and is the local chapter of the national Dementia Friendly America movement. We are community members, healthcare professionals, and organizations that promote an informed, supportive, and inclusive community for people living with dementia and those who care for them.
The goals of Dementia Friendly Missoula
We seek to:
1. Raise awareness of the number of people living with Alzheimer’s and related dementias in Missoula County.
2. Provide education and support to adults with dementia and their care partners, particularly at the point of diagnosis.
3. Build a dementia-friendly network of interested community groups through educational presentations.
4. Encourage adults living with dementia to remain active participants in the community.
5. Support activities in Missoula that are welcoming to people living with dementia and their caregivers.
New members are always welcome:
Dementia Friendly Missoula meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 3 pm via Zoom.
Email Dementia Friendly Missoula if you would like to attend.
Memory Loss Conversations is an informal, social group for those adjusting to memory loss or dementia, facilitated by Dementia Friendly Missoula. This group provides a safe space to share conversations with people who understand, to experience support and encouragement, and to explore positive ways of living with memory loss.
Local businesses, groups and healthcare providers:
Dementia Friendly Missoula offers presentations about dementia and steps you can take to be welcoming to people living with dementia. Email Dementia Friendly Missoula for details.
Dementia Friendly America guides are available for many types of organizations, including hospitals, faith communities, and businesses.