New to Medicare: A Virtual Workshop
The New to Medicare Workshop through MAS is offered virtually as a 90-minute session on Zoom! This session provides the basics of Medicare for people turning 65, and unbiased information for those who want to learn how to make the most of Medicare options.
To register online visit https://virtualnewtomedicareMAS.eventbrite.com or contact Missoula Aging Services at (406) 728-7682. Space is limited. The cost is $20 or 2 for $35. No-cost and reduced-cost tickets are available for Montana residents in need.
The workshop agenda includes:
• Important enrollment dates
• Limited guaranteed issue rights
• How to save money on prescription drugs
• How to prevent late enrollment penalties
• Options to help pay for Medicare costs for people with a limited income
• Choosing between Medicare A & B and a Part D Prescription
Drug Plan, a Medicare Supplement, or a Medicare Advantage plan.
The workshop is presented by MAS Resource Specialists who are also trained SHIP Counselors.
The workshop will not cover SSDI nor will it answer questions about taxes. If you are on SSDI and starting Medicare, call MAS for a no-cost New to Medicare phone appointment.